White Coats Thank You Sessions
In alignment with White Coats Foundations mantra ” if you have ever taken a prescription medicine, you have a clinical trial volunteer to thank”, the White Coats Foundation ‘Thank You Session’ was developed to directly thank clinical trial volunteers for their contribution to advancing healthcare, and acknowledge their role as being key to the development of new treatments.
Patients that have participated in clinical trials understand what’s involved and can be a great source of knowledge to other people in the community. However, not many patients can fathom the broader impact of their own participation and don’t really recognize themselves as partners in the discovery of better health.
The ‘Thankyou Sessions” are a morning tea that unites industry and patients in a unique gathering where a panel of industry representatives thank patients for the important role they play in the discovery of new therapeutic interventions. Panellists also include patients, sharing their stories and experiences as part of raising awareness.
The ‘Thank you’ sessions allow patients to connect with the broader research community and other patients to help them recognise the important role they play within this community. The sessions also aim to humanise the clinical trial process.
Each event is designed to be a casual networking opportunity for those who are interested in or have been involved in trials.
All attendees receive a WCF keep cup and a “show bag” of relevant information from WCF and venue.
More Thank You Sessions coming soon...
St Vincents Hospital – Thank You Session – July 2019
- Dr Louise Murdoch Principal Investigator Emeritus Research
- Tim Green Director and Head of Research and Clinical Bioanalytics, CSL
- Carrie Bloomfield Associate Director, Clinical Research GSK
- Helen Aunedi, Country Head, Clinical Operations Roche
- Richard Verrelli Head of Operations, Clinical Research and Clinical Trials Centre, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Facilitator: Dr Tam Nguyen Deputy Director of Research, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne WCF sends a huge thanks to all participants, speakers & panel members
The Royal Melbourne Hospital – Thank You Session – December 2019
The panelist stories helped surface the direct impact patients have in benefiting treatment advances through clinical trial participation. There was also a very clear message that clinical trials have the potential to change lives particularly in circumstances where options are limited or there are none.
Our Panel consisted of: ( Comprising Investigators, Industry and Patients)
- Prof Mark Parsons – Head of Department of Neurology, RMH
- A/Prof Daniel Steinfort – Respiratory Physician & Interventional Pulmonologist, RMH
- Lauren McNaughton – Site Engagement Manager, ANZ & India, Eli Lilly
- Elizabeth Wilson – Director Prime & Partner Sites ANZ, IQVIA
- Jim – RMH Crohn’s Disease clinical trial patient
- Klaire – RMH Porphyria clinical trial patient
- Diana – RMH Stroke clinical trial patient (and was also reached and treated in RMH’s mobile stroke unit)
- Facilitator: Michelle Gallaher (White Coats Foundation Ambassador)
WCF sends a huge thanks to all participants, speakers and panel members.